Saturday, November 17, 2012

Introduction

You are in the checkout line at the grocery store, and you just realize you've forgotten your reusable bags. Which is more environmentally friendly: paper or plastic?

Or, you're reading the news. So-and-so said that this new environmental legislation is bad, but someone else said it is good. Well, which one is it?

Don't you wish you could ask someone you know and trust about these sorts of things?

Many of my friends come to me and ask me these sorts of questions. This blog is an attempt to record my answers and make them available to the wider community.

Despite the title, I'm not an expert, but I'm trying to become one! Currently I work as a research analyst at a non-profit and I've dedicated my adult life to environmental topics. I have my BA in Environmental Studies and my MA in Communication Studies with an emphasis on environmental communication. I've interned as a journalist in Sacramento covering state politics, as a research assistant at an environmental law firm, and as a sustainability coordinator at my university.

I don't believe in a one-size-fits-all policy. I believe that everyone can find a solution that works best for them, but the main thing is to think about the environmental effects of your choices in the first place. So, please, send me your environmental dilemmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment